When one is experiencing difficult financial times or an unexpected expense, a payday loan can be a convenient short-term financial solution to your problems. A short term payday loans gives quick access to the funds one needs for those situations where one just cannot wait until your next pay date. These types of situations happen to all of us, and range from things like an emergency medical visit to an unexpected car repair. When one doesn’t have the money he/she needs, and his/her friends and family aren't in a position to help him, a payday loan can be real lifesaver. Most lenders have an online system that will allow them to confirm the validity of your application information and his/her identity in real-time. However, they may have certain procedures that require additional manual checks as well, such as verification that you are actively employed on the date of your application.
Here are the most common payday loan application requirements and qualifying criteria for payday lenders:
1. One must be a U.S. citizen. The majority of U.S. based lenders are only licensed to offer their services to U.S. citizens. Some lenders may have authorization to loan to residents outside of the U.S. but it is important that you verify this before proceeding under that assumption.
2. One must be of legal age. Immediate loans for bad credit are governed by contractual agreements that can only be entered into between adults, so one must be at least 18 years of age. Though this sometimes varies among the different states, most minors are not eligible for this type of loan.
3. One must have a regular, reliable source of income. For most people, this means that one must be actively employed on a job for the minimum amount of time. This means one cannot be on the probationary period with a new employer and he/she cannot be a temporary status employee (i.e. a "temp"). Some lenders will allow you to qualify for a loan if you are receiving pension or retirement benefits. However, in most cases, government aid, such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and unemployment benefits, will disqualify you.
4. One must have a valid checking account. Most payday lenders will not approve a payday loan application if one has a savings account or prepaid debit card account. In addition, he/she will almost always be required to have the checking account open and active for at least 30-days. A valid, verifiable checking account is needed for electronic transfer of loan money and the repayment of loan balance on his/her due date.
5. One must provide any supporting documents that are requested to supplement your payday loan application. In most cases, one will be asked to provide his/her last months bank statement or a 30-day printout of all checking account transactions. Some lenders may ask for most recent pay stub instead of or in addition to your bank statement.
In most cases, getting a payday loan is an easy and convenient process. One can obtain it without the hassle of putting down a deposit, collateral, up-front fees, or even running a credit check. In addition, one can fill out the application online from his/her home computer.